Let’s get into some Olympic talk. Mostly because I freaking LOVE THEM. Summer, winter, doesn’t matter. I’m into it. My sleep schedule had been off since the Opening Ceremony and I’m not that mad about it. And since the Closing Ceremonies are this weekend, I felt the need to write about it. V. Important.
When I was growing up I idolized people like Tara Lipinski (we will circle back to her), the women’s hockey teams, the 1980 Miracle on Ice team, and basically anyone who got to compete. I mean the Olympics are pure magic, you can’t deny it.
I will make note that I fully believe I still have a chance to be an Olympic curler. My training regimen is still in the works, as are some details like finding a team, Coach, etc., but I mean, come on, I would be exceptional with that broom. Or whatever the hell it is called. I suppose some additional research on said sport should probably happen…
But back to the 2018 games in PyeongChang. The personal favorite Nuggs of Goodness:
- Adam Rippon — the beautiful human being that he is!
- Gus Kenworthy — and his abs. You. Are. Welcome. I’m currently getting lost in his Insta.
- Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir (yes, they are Canadian but if you’ve seen them skate, you’ll understand why they made this list-HOT DAMN🔥) Please watch their free skate to Moulin Rouge. And Leslie Jones’ commentary.
- Chloe Kim — the girl is 17 and has an Olympic gold. I could barely get out of bed this morning…
- Red Gerard — again. The kid is 17.
- The Shib Sibs-Pure Michigan represent! ✋🏻(and as I write this I’m watching them skate to Coldplay & loving it.)
- USA Women’s Hockey (a gold medal 20 years in the making!) And Maddie Rooney’s Wikipedia page title.
- Curling. All of it.
- Half-pipe. Someone, please teach me how to snowboard.
I need to wrap this up because the ladies long program in figure skating is on in 5 and I’m still giddy over the women’s HUGE hockey win yesterday. Here the shootout that brought home the gold!
Sorry Canada, you may have Justin Trudeau and his flawlessness, but that title is back on American soil. BYEEEE
Photo from yahoo.com.