In thirty days, I turn 30. THIRTY. Holy. Shit. To me, this is a big deal. I am going to celebrate the hell out of it. And I want to make sure that I prepare myself for what I hope is an even better decade than my 20’s were. Because, man…my 20’s were KICK ASS. I mean, seriously, I am one lucky human. I did some amazing things, visited some of the coolest places in the entire world, ate incredible food, stepped WAY outside my comfort zone, and met people who have completely changed my life.
Now, it’s time ramp up for the next chapter. So for the next 30 days, I vow to do each one of these things. And I am sticking to it. I’ve been thinking about this for a long time, so I am fully invested. I made them realistic, at least they sound that way right now. These are in no particular order, so here we go!
30 things to do in 30 days before I turn 30…
Random act of kindness for someone I’ve never met
- Fall in love with my body, flaws and all
- Buy a stranger’s morning coffee
- Read a book (and actually, finish it-I am notorious for starting a book and never finishing it)-Finish book one & onto book 2 in the series-The Royal Treatment.
- Blog at least once a week (this post totally counts!)
- Make a new recipe that I have never tried
- Not drink until I leave for my trip to California on April 13–so far so good!
- Binge watch a series
- Write a handwritten note and send it via snail mail
Go a full day without any social media-time to unplug! Say yes to everything for one day (and no, I will not tell you what day it is)
- Spend 30 minutes every day doing yoga
- Go on a date (chances of this are slim, but I’m going to give it a try) -this effort is going very poorly LOL
- Volunteer at an organization I truly care about
Go see a movie by myself Start my herb garden Say no to something I really don’t want to do-– CHECK!
- Clean my closet and throw or give away 30 items
- Buy decorations to take to California to celebrate-because damn it, I deserve it!-So Tiff has this on lockdown (thanks, lady) but I’m still getting a few items I’ve had my eyes on!
Make a list of 30 things I’m thankful for Donate $30 to an animal-related cause-Completed this 3/20/18. Donated to VetPaw-Veterans Empowered to Protect African Wildlife. Two of the causes I am most passionate about!
- Wear my hair down for an entire day (for those of you close to me, you know this will not be easy!)
- Make a list of 30 lessons I’ve learned in my first 30 years
- Go for a 30-minute walk
- 30th birthday cake smash photo shoot on the beach
- Gain the same amount of confidence as Mindy in The Mindy Project
- Create a bucket list of things to do in my 30’s-started! And it’s goooooood!
- Take a cooking class
- Get another tattoo
- Buy myself a nice bottle of champagne and celebrate everything I have accomplished and done so far! The best is yet to come!